I am a Kannadiga from a tiny town with lofty ambitions. I love traveling in trains and spending time at beaches. Having spent my childhood summer vacations in my native village that lies beneath the mighty Western Ghats, I have grown fond of forests and rivers. I passionately play simulation games in my spare time. I enjoy reading books and watching classic movies.
I am a physics undergraduate student at IISER Thiruvananthapuram, one of the premier research institutions in India for basic sciences. Although primarily interested in quantum information theory and quantum physics, I partake in theoretical pursuits of almost any discipline. I consider myself a student forever.
This blog is a collection of things I find interesting. If any piece of this inconsequential pile of information helps you in any way, that's a bonus! I have always wanted to write and maintain a blog and it looks like I am finally there.
- Twitter: I am quite active on Twitter nowadays. Follow me @abhay__hegde.
- Github: Check out some of my contributions here. Pyquirk, templates latex, mathematica notebooks etc.
Stack Exchange: I have been learning a good amount of physics by asking questions and writing answers on Physics Stack Exchange site.
- Hacker News
- You can reach me by mail at
This site is mainly inspired from Tania Rascia's old website. I learnt Gatsby framework and deployed it on Netlify.
- Paul Graham - I have always found his essays to be simple, effective and well-reasoned thoughts and mostly advice.
- Maria Popova - This website hosts some of the fascinating articles I have read and serves as an inventory of meaningful life. Do visit this for a fresh inspiration to fuel your creativity.
- Seth Godin - Inspiring set of interesting medium-sized articles from a teacher.
- Michael Nielsen